By using the Website, making purchases of products, or otherwise providing personal information to Geox, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website to purchase our products or provide personal information to us.
This Policy may change from time to time. We reserve the right, at our discretion to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time. We will provide Notice of substantive changes by posting a Notice on our Website, and possibly through other forms of communication such as electronic communication. Your continued use of this Website or ongoing communication with Geox after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check periodically for updates.
We may offer you the ability to connect with the Website using a mobile device via a mobile optimized website. The provisions of this Policy apply to all such mobile access and use of mobile devices. This Policy will be referenced by all such mobile applications or mobile optimized websites.
Collection of Information
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, purchasers of our products, and others who communicate with Geox, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, mailing / shipping address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment information, or any other information the Website collects that is defined by applicable law as personal information (collectively, "personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your IP address or physical location; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, either through filling in forms on our Website, registering to use our Website, subscribing to one of our services including email communications, making inquiries, or by placing an order with us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our service providers or business partners.
For the purpose of maintaining quality service, telephone calls to our customer service lines may be recorded.
Information About All Our Visitors
We collect certain information from and about our visitors and users in three ways – directly from the user, from our web server logs, and through the use of tracking technologies (e.g. cookies).
Information provided by you
There are several ways in which we may collect personal information from you on a voluntary basis, including: (i) when you create an account; (ii) when you register to receive communications from Geox and/or other Company affiliate websites; (iii) when you seek information about, or purchase, products offered through this Website or otherwise; (iv) when you provide personal information to us through feedback, surveys, or other forms provided on this Website or otherwise; (v) information you provide by filling out forms on the Website or otherwise (this includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, creating an account, posting material, subscribing to email communications, or requesting further services or information); (vi) when reporting a problem about the Website; (vii) when you enter a promotion or contest; (viii) records and copies of your correspondence (including personal information), if you contact us; (ix) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; (x) details of transactions you carry out with Geox and of the fulfillment of your orders (note that you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order); and/or (xi) based upon your search queries on the Website.
Server Log Information
When you visit an Internet site, you disclose certain information about yourself, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, the time of your visit, and the referring location (e.g., the website page that offered a link to our Website). Other information disclosed includes clickstream data, which includes a record of the clicked selections you make while visiting this Website. Like many other sites, we record this basic information about visits to this Website.
We may use technology like “web beacons” and "cookies" to recognize you and your access privileges on our Website, as well as to trace website usage. A cookie is a piece of information that is sent to your Web browser from a website and stored on your device. A web beacon is a small electronic file that is embedded in a web page or email, which unobtrusively allows checking that a user has accessed the content. Each time you return to our Website, we are able to identify you as a previous or registered customer. Web beacons and cookies also enable us to measure our Website traffic, including the number of repeat versus new visitors, the time users spend online, and their navigation behavior. Collecting this information allows us to make changes that improve our Website. Please note that none of the information stored on a cookie is personally identifiable. You have the option to turn off cookies on your browser; however doing so will prevent you from completing an order on our Website.
Use of Information
We use information collected from you, whether supplied directly by you or a third party or obtained through the use of tracking technologies as described herein, in any of the following ways:
- To present the Website to you and allow you to purchase our products.
- To provide you with information, product or services you request from us or that we reasonably believe will be of interest to you.
- To fulfill your orders including to enable billing and shipping of products.
- To improve our Website.
- To improve customer service.
- To administer a contest, promotion, or survey, as well as to administer another feature of the Website.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or about any products or services we offer or provide.
- To send periodic e-mails (if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, we include an option to unsubscribe at the bottom of each e-mail).
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose required or permitted at law or otherwise with your consent.
Access to the Information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and/or make the Website and our products available. For example, we use a third party service provider to send certain direct marketing communications and to respond to certain customer service inquiries.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a proposed or actual financing, insuring, securitization, assignment, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
We may also disclose information collected from you in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws; (ii) respond to government inquiries; and (iii) protect the rights or property of Company, customers, or visitors to this Website.
Your security is our primary concern. We implement a variety of security measures in an effort to maintain the safety of your personal information.
We are fully compliant of the credit card industry's Payment Card Industry Security Compliance program (PCI). Your credit information is completely masked and can only be viewed or accessed by staff on a need to know basis. Your financial information is automatically deleted from our files 45 days after your purchase. We also use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) during checkout. This process encrypts all your personal information before it is transmitted to our system. To check our security certificate, click on the Thawte logo located every page of this Website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. You transmit all such information at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our Website may contain links to third party websites, such as Facebook® or Twitter®. These links are provided only for your convenience and you are free to use them, but you do so at your own risk. We do not control these third parties' or their websites. The third parties who operate such websites may use tracking technologies. Please read the privacy policies of these third party websites carefully before browsing or providing any information on such websites. We are not responsible for your activities or any collection or tracking of your information on such sites.
Use Of Website By Children
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features or register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, if available, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opting-Out From Email Communications
You may register to receive communications by registering with us directly or by registering with a third party. After you register, we may periodically send you newsletters and other e-mails featuring special offers, promotions and other benefits. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please let us know by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our e-mails. Our e-mail database is continually updated. However, you may continue to receive e-mail communications from us for up to ten business days from the time we receive your unsubscribe request. Please note that we can only control our own mailing list and policies. Third party advertisers that maintain their own mailing lists may send communications that advertise our products or services; and you may need to contact those parties directly in order to stop receiving their e-mail communications.
Certain administrative communications, including e-mails and telephone calls, are necessary in order to deliver our products and services. If you agree to purchase our products and services, you agree to receive these administrative communications. For further clarification of these administrative communications, please contact our customer service center at 1-855-297-0322
This Policy and all related matters are governed solely by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the applicable federal laws of Canada. We may perform activities outside of Canada through third parties. You acknowledge and agree that, as a result, your personal information may be processed, used, stored or accessed in other countries and may be subject to the laws of those countries. For example, information may be disclosed in response to valid demands or requests from government authorities, courts, or law enforcement in other countries.